Where do you update the user credentials in DWE environment when such a need arise?
Briefly speaking, at least the following locations:
1. DB2 Windows services, assuming Windows environment
Log On As for each DB services need to be updated.
2. Websphere Global Security Setting, assuming using LocalOS repository
This can be tricky. The easiest is to update the password before you shut down the WAS server. If the server already shut down and you didn't manage to update the password, then you wouldn't be able to start the server again because of authentication error. If this is the case, you got to manually disable the WAS global security by changing the "enabled" attribute of security:Security xml element to false in security.xml file located in
3. Data Sources defined in DWE Admin Console
Data Sources used by DWH application processes, which are not attached to WAS data source, must be updated.
Before you can perform this, you need to update the J2C user password in WAS for Admin Console to be able to connect to its repository. (Item 6)
4. Data Sources defined in Alphablox Admin Console
Usually this will be data sources for Alphablox cubes to retrieve IBM Cube Views meta data.
5. WAS account used by Alphablox for management
Alphablox uses a WAS user credential for connecting to WAS and managing Alphablx applications in WAS. This piece of information is located in Alphablox repository, /servers/AlphabloxAnalytics/server.properties.
Replace the line ws.admin.password.protected with ws.admin.password=<your_password_in_plaintext>
The issue here is that the new password will be in clear text. I read across some materials that say the password is encoded again the next time the server restarted. However, I don't see that happens in my environment.
6. WAS J2C Authentication entries
7. WAS JNDI Data Sources, assuming not using J2C authentication
8. Optionally, WAS Windows Services
Hope this is helpful to you.